Halewood Town Council is keen to ensure residents have access to reliable sources of information in light of the developing situation regarding the Corona Virus (COVID-19).
We continue to carefully monitor the situation regarding the virus, alongside partners in Public Health England and the NHS. Where possible, we will provide updates with relevant information if specific needs arise in relation to Halewood. Councillors are meeting next week to discuss the implications of the potential spread of the virus to the business of the Town Council. Our priority will be the care and safety of residents, Town Council staff and the users of The Hollies and Arncliffe Centres.
There are general principles you can follow to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Wash your hands often – with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available. This is particularly important after taking public transport
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- If you feel unwell, stay at home, do not attend work or school
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home and work environment
Please see the following links to official sources of information which you can use to keep up to date. Please remember to recheck the advice periodically as we are all clearly dealing with a changing situation.
As a key source of information for the public use: NHS Advice
FAQs for the public: Frequently Asked Questions