Accessibility Statement

The council approved an Accessibility Statement for the Halewood Town Council Website at its meeting of September 10th 2020.

This site is provided by Knowsley City Learning Centres and managed by Halewood Town Council.

We want as many people as possible to be able to use the website, for example that means you should be able to.

.        Change colours and contrast levels and fonts.

.        Zoom in up to 300% without text spilling off the screen.

.        Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard.

.        Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software.

.        Listen to most of the website using a screen reader.

‘AbilityNet’ has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.


What to do if you can’t access parts of the website.

If you require information published on the website in a different format please contact us:



We will consider your request and respond within 14 days.


Reporting accessibility problems with the website.

We are always looking to improve the accessibility of the website, if you find any problems or you think we are not meeting accessibility requirement contact us:


Town Clerk: Gerry Allen

Post: Arncliffe Centre, Arncliffe Road, Halewood, L25 9PA

In Person: The Arncliffe Centre, 9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Thursday. 9.00am – 4.00pm Fridays


Telephone: 0151-443 2306


Technical Information.

.        There may be some pages with read more/click here links

.        Some of the older PDF files and documents may not meet the required standard – for example they may not be structured so they can be accessed by a screen reader.

.        Some images on the website may not have a text alternative.

.        All newly published documents will have a text alternative to the image.


Enforcement procedures.

The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Website and Mobile Applications) (No2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the accessibility regulations). If you are not satisfied with how we respond contact Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).